Items created within a group can be shared with the General Membership, the General Public, other groups, or not at all. Shared items can be accessed by those with whom they are shared, and can appear in a variety of areas. Sharing options for each group are defined when the group is first created, and can later be modified by the group administrator. Each group decides which items it can share: Documents, Calendar Events, Ballot Results, Email Archives, and Links to the group on the All Groups and My Groups page. The group also decides with whom it shares items: the General Members, the General Public, one or many individual groups, or no one. When an item that can be shared is added, the submitter chooses with whom to share it from this list.
- The Marketing Group has chosen to share all items with the General Membership and the General Public. Links to visit the Marketing Group appear on the All Groups and My Groups pages. A link to view Marketing Group items also appears in the Public Groups Area. Marketing Group documents appear on the Public Documents page and the All Documents page.
- The Technical Group has chosen to share all items with the General Membership and the Marketing Group. Links to visit the Technical Group appear on the All Groups and My Groups pages. Technical Group documents appear on the All Documents page and the Marketing Group documents page.
- The Board of Control has chose not to share at all. No links appear to visit the Board of Control. Board of Control documents are only available on the Board of Control documents page, and can only be accessed by Board of Control members. The Board of Control is a completely hidden group.
Each group also determines how an item is shared. The group may choose to let every person on the roster share the items they create, or restrict sharing to those with management privileges in their group role.
- The Marketing Group does not allow regular members to share items they have created. When an item is ready to be shared with the General Public, the Marketing Group Chair modifies the document to share it with the General Public. It then appears on the Public Documents page.
- The Technical Group allows everyone to share items they have created. When a regular member adds a document, she can choose to share it with the General Membership. The document then appears on the All Documents page.