Use this page to view the documents shared with the General Public for all groups in an organization. You can view all documents, or search for a specific document or group of documents.
To view public documents:
- From the Groups Public Area, click Documents above the Groups heading, or the Documents link under a specific group. This takes you to the Public Documents page.
Top of page: Section Name. Find documents: Use this section to specify search options.
- Full Text Search: Text input box; the default is blank (all documents). Search for text that appears in the document title, document body, submitter's name.
Tip: To learn more about searching, see Using Search.
- Number of Documents: Number of documents to show for each group; the default is 10.
- Document Descriptions: Show document descriptions on this page, below the document title.
- Find Documents button: Activates the document search based on the selected criteria.
Document folders: List of existing group document folders, in alphabetical order by group name. This information is provided for each document:
- Name: Document type icon, followed by file name and extension.
Tip: To quickly find out a document's description, place your cursor over the document name and read the rollover text.
- Revision Number (#): The revision number of this document. Only the most recent revision of a document is displayed.
- Size: In KBytes or MBytes.
- Submitter: Name of the person who uploaded the document.
- Date: Date the document was uploaded to the folder by the Submitter.
- Action - Details: Link to a page with the document download link and complete information about the document (Submission Date, Document Submitter, State, Description and Comments [if any]).
Note: If a folder exists but has no documents in it, the text, "No documents available", appears below the folder icon and name.