Modify Group Member Role
Note: You must have Roster Manage privileges to change an existing group member's role.
To modify an existing group member:
- From All Groups, click the name of the group whose member role you want to change. This takes you to the home page for that group.
- In the Group Notes section, click Manage Roster. This takes you to the Member Roster page for that group.
- In the Roster at the bottom of the page, find the member whose role you want to change.
- In the Role column, select the new role for the member from the drop-down list.
Note: When you modify an existing group member, certain restrictions apply to ballots that already exist. The list of eligible voters is created once the ballot is added. If you select "Voting members only" and a group member's role is modified while a ballot is open so that he/she is now a voting member, that member does not become immediately eligible to vote on that ballot, but they can be added to the list of eligible voters by a ballot manager. If you select "Voting members only" and a group member's voting eligibility is revoked while a ballot is open and he/she has already cast his/her vote, that vote is retained. Note: A group member's voting eligibility is assigned by the group Chair or other group member with Roster Manage privileges. See Change Group Member Role for more information.
- Click Submit Changes. The page refreshes and a new section, Roster Modification Results, appears above the search criteria section. The name of the modified member is listed with the message, "Success - Member Role Modified" in blue, confirming the member's role has been modified.
- Continue changing member roles, add a new member or delete an existing member. To go to another group, use the Breadcrumbs at the top of the page or the Back button on your browser.