The Email Threads link found on a group's home page allows for easy review of communication with the general group membership in a mail-thread format. The email threads are flat files generated by the mailing list application from the group list whenever a member sends an email from his/her group home page or their email software. The mail is archived and then later converted to HTML. Note: The timing of this conversion is determined by the organization, not by Kavi Groups.
To view an email sent to the group membership:
- From All Groups, click the name of the group in the My Groups section to whose members you want to send an email. This takes you to the home page for that group.
- Click the Email tab. This takes you to the Email Threads page for the group. You may also click View All next to the Recent Email Messages header.
- Search Email: Enter a keyword or phrase to search for, then click Search Email. Results page opens on the Full Text Search page for more search options.
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe: After unsubscribing, a group member will no longer receive group email and notifications, but will still be able to access group information via the web interface. Easily re-subscribe at any point by clicking Subscribe.
- Send Email: Send email to the group mailing list.
- Recent Messages: See recent messages sent to the group mailing list.
- All Submitters: View email from all submitters, or pick a submitter from the drop-down list.
- All Dates: Show all dates, or pick to view email sent in the Last 15 Days, Last 30 Days, and so on.
- Display: Activates the email search based on the selected criteria.
- Reset: Restores the default search criteria for viewing email. The Groups application remembers your settings from the last time you visited the page, so clicking Reset may be necessary if you want to see all email (e.g., email that didn't meet the search criteria you used the last time you visited the page will be hidden completely). Clicking Reset will show those emails again.
- Number: Unique number assigned to the email.
- Subject: The subject line of the email. You may click the subject to view the email.
- Submitter: Name of the person who added the document.
- Date Received: Date the email was sent.
- Actions: Click View to see the email.