Delete a Document Comment
You must have Document Manage privileges to delete a comment. Be very careful when using this option, because once a comment is deleted, it cannot be recovered.
To delete a document comment:
- From All Groups, click the name of the group containing the document whose comment you want to delete. This takes you to the home page for that group.
- Below the breadcrumbs, click the Documents tab. This takes you to the group documents page for that group.
- Find the document from which you want to delete a comment.
- In the Action column for that document, click Manage. This takes you to the Document Details page for that document.
- Find the comment you want to delete in the Comments section. Listed for the comment are the name of the comment, name of the person who added it, the date it was added and the full text of the comment.
Important: Verify this is the comment you want to delete.
- In the Action column, lick Delete. This takes you to the Confirm Comment Delete page. If you are sure you want to delete the comment, click Yes, Delete Comment. If you don't want to delete it, use the breadcrumbs, the browser back button, or the site navigation to exit the page.
Tip: From this page you can also view the document by clicking the document name, modify the document details, delete the document itself, add a comment (if you are a member of the document's group and the folder in which the document resides is configured to allow comments), or (if there are other comments) delete another comment. The Add Comment link appears next to the Comments section heading.