Delete an Action Item
Use this form to permanently delete an action item (and its associated comments) from the Action Items page list. Deleting an action item permanently removes it from the Group Action Items list. Note: To delete an action item, you must have Action Item Management privileges.
To delete an action item:
- From All Groups, click the name of the group containing the action item which you want to delete. This takes you to the home page for that group.
- Below the breadcrumbs, click the Action Items tab. This takes you to the Action Items page for that group.
- Find the action item which you want to delete.
- Click the action item link in the Action Item column for the item you want to view.
- Click the Delete link by the Action Item description.
- Confirm this is the action item you want to delete by verifying these fields are correct:
- Item icon, number, and description.
- Status: Whether the item is Open or Closed.
- Opened Date: Date the item was created.
- Closed Date: Date the item was closed (if the item is open, a count of the number of days open is displayed).
- Due Date: Date the item should be completed.
- Comments: Comments from group members, with date and time for each.
- Creator: Name of the person who added the item.
- Owner: Name of the person to whom the item is assigned.
- References: (if any) - If the item creator added references to the item (such as a document, Internet address, calendar event, and so on), they are listed here.
Important: Once you click Delete This Action Item, the item (and its associated comments) is immediately deleted - there is no message asking you to confirm the deletion. Be absolutely sure you want to delete an item before you do so. Once an item is deleted, it cannot be recovered.
- Click Delete Action Item to delete the item or Cancel to return to the Action Item Details page without deleting the item.
- If you click Delete Action Item, the action item is deleted and you go to the Delete Action Item - Success page. The deleted item (and its associated comments) is permanently removed from the Group action items page and can no longer be viewed.